Two factor authentication: an extra method of security
Protecting your Ebury Online account with the two-factor authentication method will add an additional layer of security. Potential intruders will have more difficulties to gain access to your account, given that it will be necessary to not only provide us with your username and password, but also your mobile number.
The two-factor authentication method will protect you from malicious users even if they gain access to your password.
How does it work?
- Log in into Ebury Online Every time you need to log in, enter your username and your password as usual.
- Enter the code provided by your app A code will be sent to your mobile device by SMS or is generated directly by the authenticator app, depending on the method you chose. Use that code as a second step authentication.
How can I activate it?
Log in into your Ebury Online account and go to your user profile. You will see the two-factor area that will let you activate it. There are two ways to set up your second step of authentication:
Using a Mobile Authentication app
The authentication app generates the new code you will use after entering your username and password. It doesn’t require you to share your phone number with us and you don’t need internet connection or a phone signal to receive the code.
Use your preferred authentication
Go to the application store for your device:
- Google Play for Android devices.
- App Store for iPhone devices.
- Windows Store for Microsoft devices.
Download your favourite authentication app. Here are some options:
- Google Authenticator available for Android and iPhone.
- Last Pass Authenticator available for Android, iPhone and Windows Phone.
- Microsoft Authenticator available for Android, iPhone and Windows Phone.
Setting up the account
- Chose the ‘Mobile app for authentication’ method
- You will be shown a QR code to scan using the authentication app
- Open the authentication app and create a new account
- Scan the QR code and click ‘Next’
- If you prefer to do the set up manually, you can use the key provided below the bar code.
- Use the newly generated code from your app and click on ‘Verify’
You have now activated the two-factor authentication method. You can always change the mobile device connected or de-activate it as and when you need.
Using an SMS
An alternative way to set up the two-factor authentication method is by receiving the code to be used as a second step via text message.
Setting up the account
- Chose the ‘Text message’ method
- Enter your mobile phone number and click on ‘Send the code’
- After few seconds you will receive a code by SMS on your mobile
- Enter the code and click on ‘Verify’
- If you don’t receive any code after few minutes, click on ‘Send again’